Century Park South will bring state-of-the art residence halls to the University of Southern Mississippi, providing 954 beds, a new student medical clinic, the Lucky Day Scholarship administrative offices and a multi-purpose park for freshmen and other scholarship students. This project will feature three buildings, with five floors in each structure. Buildings B and C are scheduled to be complete July 2014, and Building A in January 2015. The project will be built in accordance with the university’s master plan.
Some modern conveniences available to students as part of Century Park South include the following:
- Majority will be double rooms with private baths
- Larger social areas, lounges and meeting spaces for a home-like ambience
- Mini-kitchens with ovens and microwaves provided in some lounge areas
- Each residential room will have a thermostat for personal temperature control
- Study/quiet room separate from lounges
- Full Laundromats in multiple locations
- Energy management systems with sensors that monitor temperature and humidity in different zones
- Oxygen level monitors to ensure fresh air circulation
This project begins in July 2013 with a completion scheduled for January 2015.