The 2014 Mississippi Associated Builders and Contractors Safety Awards program was held September 24th at the Jackson Country Club. Roy Anderson Corp was the recipient of the Gold Safety Award at the annual luncheon. The award is given to companies who excel in creating a safe working environment and who continually develop and maintain a sound safety program. Accepting the award for Roy Anderson Corp (shown above) were Paul Phillips, Site Safety Coordinator, Richard Radar, Safety Coordinator and Joe Barnes, Safety Manager.
At Roy Anderson Corp, the protection of our people, the property we improve, and the environment is a core value of our business philosophy. Our Management Team understands that Safety is not just “good business”; it’s the right thing to do. Through our Health, Safety & Environmental (HSE) Management System which includes a “Plan, Do, Check, Act” methodology, and a belief in continuous improvement, we believe all incidents and injuries are preventable and hazard recognition and elimination begins in the planning stage. Our main objective is to maintain a prevention-based process for health safety, and environmental protection that results in an incident and injury free workplace for all. The leadership of Roy Anderson Corp recognizes their responsibility for promoting the highest standards of safety, health and environmental practices by actively developing and maintaining appropriate systems, procedures and plans to achieve the mission and objectives of an injury and incident free workplace.
Roy Anderson Corp’s Incident and Injury Free Safety Principles are:
- All injuries and incidents are preventable through proper task planning and hazard recognition
- Every individual is responsible for working toward the elimination of all injuries and incidents
- Injuries and incidents are not accepted as “part of doing business”
- We believe in free and open communication regarding safety
- We believe in actively caring and demonstrating care for others
- Every employee has the right and responsibility to take action if potentially unsafe behaviors or conditions are encountered.
- We believe safety is a choice, not a rule.